Trek Fuel Ex 9.7 Gen 5 Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
Trek Fuel Ex 9.7 Gen 5 Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
Fuel EX 9.7 is our most affordable full suspension carbon trail bike. It pairs a lightweight, smooth-riding frame with a beefy 140 mm FOX 36 fork and 130 mm FOX Float Performance shock, Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain and powerful 4-piston brakes for a fast, fun mountain bike that’s a ripper now, and ripe for upgrades later.
It’s right for you if…
You want one carbon trail bike that can take on every adventure, from flowy singletrack to the gnarliest descents and most brutal climbs. You don’t mind sacrificing a little on the parts so you can get the best frame right now.
The tech you get
A lightweight and stiff full OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with internal storage, a 140 mm FOX Rhythm 36 fork, 130 mm of rear travel with a FOX Float Performance rear shock with Trek’s efficient RE:aktiv damper, a wide-range 1×12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain, Line Comp 30 TLR wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive rear hub, a Bontrager Line dropper post and powerful Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
Full suspension control on a lightweight and trail-tough carbon frame makes for a fun and fast ride. It’s rugged enough for rowdy descents, but still spry for lively climbing and accelerating.
|Categories:||Dual Suspension, Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Trek|
- Reviews (0)
Matte Carbon Blue Smoke
Please CALL US for stocks & colour availability
Merida Matts J20
- The Merida Matts J20 Boys Bike is a fun and cool bike for 6-10 year olds who want to enjoy riding in comfort on two wheels. The lightweight alloy frame is much easier to handle and control than a steel frame which kids bikes usually use. The Matts J20 is built specifically for kids with its lower standover height and 20″ wheels for comfort and control. While the durable suspension fork and alloy rims are built to handle the bumps kids may encounter so that this bike can last through a few challenges. Combine that with the reliability of V-brakes and you have a fun and durable bike for your kids to ride and enjoy the great outdoors. Whether it’s your kids first bike or just an upgrade once they have outgrown their old bike, the Merida Matts J20 is a great choice for your kids next bike.
- Many of Merida’s bikes feature rigid forks. This helps to keep the weight down, which is a big advantage for much lighter riders. Gears are also kept to a minimum, avoiding confusion for young riders, again reducing weight.
Please CALL US for stock & colour availability
Merida Big Trail 200
- While clearly a trail loving long-travel hardtail, our new BIG.TRAIL also offers built-in versatility through hidden rack, fender and kick stand mounts in case you like to turn the BIG.TRAIL into a ‘SUV’ commuter.
- Ability to fit two water bottles into the frame without making the bottles difficult to reach. Perfect for long marathon races and extended trail sessions.
- Merida BIG.TRAIL rolls on 29er wheels and has tyre clearance for up go 2.5″ trail tyres. The combination of 29er wheels and 2.5″ tyres offer plenty or corner and climbing grip, while the big tyre volume and the 29er ‘rolling over ability’ give our trail hardtail extra comfort and stability.
- The new ‘Trail Mount’ is positioned underneath the top tube/seat tube junction and these ingenious fixing points makes fitting an additional tool or a pump a breeze. The ‘Trail Mount’ offers a real advantage if you prefer to keep the weight off your back or if you are heading out for an extra-long outing where you might need to carry additional gear.
- Cables are routed through the frame, entering and exiting through smooth sockets. Only a clever system for our internal guiding and fixing guarantees reliable and rattle free routing, whilst the cables are protected from moisture and dirt and gives the bike a cleaner look.
- A long reach, paired with a slack 65.5° head angle and a steep seat angle make our BIG.TRAIL a solid descender even when the trail is littered with roots and rocks, while maintaining impressive climbing abilities, due to the central seating position over the bottom bracket. The extra short seat tube and low stand over height help to create lots of space to maneuver the bike when the trail gets demanding but also allow for long travel dropper posts.
- Most models offer Boost technology at the front and rear. The shallower axle standard of 110 mm (front) and 148 mm (rear) allows for a wider spoke angle, resulting in a stiffer and stronger wheel, hugely beneficial on these bikes given the impacts they endure. The BIG.TRAIL 200 has 100 mm fork spacing.
Merida Big Nine 20-2x
- Besides offering the BIG.NINE in a full carbon version, Merida also have BIG.NINE LITE and BIG.NINE/ SEVEN TFS aluminium frames in our range. While the LITE features the same race-proven geometry as the carbon models, the TFS bikes offer a more relaxed geometry, through a shorter top tube and a higher head tube, resulting in a more upright riding position and enhanced trail visibility. The TFS frames feature internal cable routing (except the BIG.NINE/BIG.SEVEN 15), smooth welding, tapered head tube, inboard disc mounts, and mounts for fenders, rear rack and kickstand.
- Merida’s classic hardtails are the backbone of our range and showcase the enormous wealth of experience and knowledge we were able to gain in 48 years of bike production and manufacturing. The BIG.NINE and BIG.SEVEN range symbolises the symbiosis between modern frame technology, attention to detail and craftsmanship ‘Made in Taiwan’.
Merida Matts J24
- These models are built around a very small adult frame with 26″ wheels. As the child grows, the wheels can be swapped for 650B wheels, meaning the bike will fit your child for longer.
- Many of Merida’s bikes feature rigid forks. This helps to keep the weight down, which is a big advantage for much lighter riders. Gears are also kept to a minimum, avoiding confusion for young riders, as well as reducing weight.
- All kids’ bike frames are made with the same 6061 lightweight aluminium we use in our adult bikes; we don’t cut any corners. They’re also painted and lacquered in the same way, so the bikes can still look great even after a few tough knocks.
Merida Big Trail 500 2022
- Trail riding is your passion and you love the simplicity of a hardtail as well as the way it connects you to the track. The BIG.TRAIL 500 is your perfect companion, featuring a playful yet stable geometry that will deliver confidence and inspires you to go that little bit further. Chunky 29er tyres, a long travel fork and a long dropper post increase that confidence and capability even further. We often associate ‘trail fun’ and ‘trail capability’ with more and more full suspension travel because long-travel bikes are getting more capable on the way down and on the way back up again. At the same time, the trail hardtail has developed quietly in its shadow. After being absent from this segment, we returned to the trails with a bang onboard our BIG.TRAIL. Merida trail hardtails took the bike press and trail riders by storm and have managed to perfectly combine a modern trail bike geometry with long-travel forks and chunky 29er wheels for amazing corner grip and comfort. If you haven’t heard or you’re not yet a proud owner of it, then welcome to Merida BIG.TRAIL which offers simplified and hassle-free trail fun in spades. Available from S to XXL giving our BIG.TRAIL ample size and reach options.
- Durable double butted aluminium frame
- 140 mm trail fork
- Modern trail bike geometry with long reach, slack head angle and steep seat angle
- 29er wheels specced with 2.4″ trail tyres and clearance for 2.5″
- Extremely low standover height paired with long travel dropper posts
- Multiple fixing points for bottles and other equipment, internal cable routing
Merida Big Seven 10-MD-3x
- The Merida Big Seven 10 MD is an entry-level hardtail bike that is built for enjoying trails and exploring the great outdoors. The Big Seven is built with a reliable Merida 6061 series double butted and technoformed aluminium frame which is tough and lightweight for a swift and durable ride. All of Merida’s hardtails are built with their hardtail specific geometry for the best riding experience, so that you can ride in comfort with snappy handling at high speeds. You’ll enjoy the rough and tumble of the trails with a 100mm travel SR Suntour XCE28 Fork, ensuring that you can enjoy some real trails with comfort.
- Even on a more affordable model like this you still get Merida’s Smart Entry, with cables, housings and brake cables clamped under tension to prevent rattling. Add in the Jak-7 mechanical disc brakes and you’ve got a winning combination give you control over this agile trail machine. Power along the trails with the 3×7 speed drivetrain which gives you a versatile range of gears to climb and descend, ideal for an entry-level mountain bike.
- The Merida Big Seven 10 MD is a sturdy and fun hardtail mountain bike which is a great entry to mountain biking and the world of opportunities. You get a lightweight and tough frame which seamlessly pairs with the SR Suntour fork and shimano parts to give you an awesome riding experience on every single ride.
- Following in the footsteps of the TFS frame which was introduced in 2018, the SPEED frame is now in line to get a makeover. The introduction of slim tube shapes creates a new look and a more relaxed geometry, through a shorter top tube and a higher head tube, resulting in a more upright riding position and enhanced trail visibility. The new frame also comes with IS brake mounts that are positioned within the rear triangle as well as with kickstand and fender mounts.
- Merida’s carbon (CF) and aluminium (LITE) models feature a long 422 mm reach, steep 73,5° seat angle, slack 70° head angle and an 80 mm stem (frame size M), affording the next generation XC geometry. Aggressive agility meets stable calmness; perfect for today’s demanding courses.
X Lite 24 Girls
For intermediate young riders of intermediate skill, there’s the XLite Girls’ 24”: recommended ages 11-16. With stiff and lightweight alloy frame, pedalling and control are more manageable. Further control and riding efficiency are found with front ‘V’ brakes, ergonomic design, and a low step-through frame.
Lightweight Alloy Frame
Reduce your riding effort whilst improving your handling with a lightweight 6061 alloy frame.
Shimano 7 speed drive train
Watch as your little one tackles any landscape with the 7-Speed Shimano drivetrain, while they shift gears easily with the Shimano Revoshifters.
Using a reliable power alloy ‘V’ brakes, you’ll be confident of great stopping reliability.
XDS Loretta Retro Bike
15″ suitable for 150cm to 160cm
17″ suitable for 165cm to 175cm
19″ suitable for 180cm to 190cm
Define your style with the XDS Loretta retro bike. Make a statement with your choice of 6 vibrant colours, colour matched fenders, front basket and a rear rack. Stay comfortable with a low step-through and lightweight alloy frame. Ride smart with a 7-Speed Shimano Altus Drivetrain, and reliable Tektro V-Brakes.
Low Step-Through Alloy Frame
Experience the ease of riding on a lightweight aluminium alloy frame that is nimble and easily manoeuvrable. The Low Step-Through design makes mounting and dismounting both safe and simple even in a dress or casual wear.
Shimano Altus Drivetrain
Adapt to your terrain easily with an 8-Speed Shimano Altus Drivetrain. Find the perfect gear ratio for climbing through hills or riding across flats.
Trust in the reliable stopping power of Tektro alloy V-Brakes.
Front basket and rear rack make riding with your valuables simpler and safer.
The comfortable Cionlli rail and spring saddle and swept back handlebars encourage riding with an upright posture for better spinal support.