Trek Marlin 8 Gen 3 Mountain Bike
Trek Marlin 8 Gen 3 Mountain Bike
It’s right for you if…
You want a bike that’s ready to progress with you on the trail, and is versatile enough for daily riding to school, work and grocery shopping.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminium frame with modern trail riding geometry and internal routing that keeps cables protected and keeps the bike looking sleek. An air-spring RockShox fork that’s lighter and more adjustable than a coil spring, wide-range SRAM shifting and the serious stopping power of hydraulic disc brakes.
The final word
The Marlin 8 is a progressive trail bike ready for building skills on the singletrack, and taking on daily life too. It packs in premium features where you want them so you can build skills for years to come.
Why you’ll love it
- You get real-deal modern mountain bike geometry that keeps handling confident when you’re on singletrack, but is versatile enough for use on roads and bike trails too
- You get a premium RockShox fork with an air spring that’s lighter and more adjustable than a coil
- You get the simplicity and range of 1×12 drivetrain for putting down power on the trail
- The included dropper post lets you get your saddle out of the way when you roll into technical sections and steeper descents.
- Marlin models in sizes XXS and XS have a curved top tube and lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
|Categories:||Hard Tail, 10-15 Yrs, Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Trek|
- Reviews (0)
Matte Dnister Black
Merida Matts 7.10 MD
Please CALL US for stocks & colour availability
Merida Matts J20
- The Merida Matts J20 Boys Bike is a fun and cool bike for 6-10 year olds who want to enjoy riding in comfort on two wheels. The lightweight alloy frame is much easier to handle and control than a steel frame which kids bikes usually use. The Matts J20 is built specifically for kids with its lower standover height and 20″ wheels for comfort and control. While the durable suspension fork and alloy rims are built to handle the bumps kids may encounter so that this bike can last through a few challenges. Combine that with the reliability of V-brakes and you have a fun and durable bike for your kids to ride and enjoy the great outdoors. Whether it’s your kids first bike or just an upgrade once they have outgrown their old bike, the Merida Matts J20 is a great choice for your kids next bike.
- Many of Merida’s bikes feature rigid forks. This helps to keep the weight down, which is a big advantage for much lighter riders. Gears are also kept to a minimum, avoiding confusion for young riders, again reducing weight.
Merida Big Nine 20-2x
- Besides offering the BIG.NINE in a full carbon version, Merida also have BIG.NINE LITE and BIG.NINE/ SEVEN TFS aluminium frames in our range. While the LITE features the same race-proven geometry as the carbon models, the TFS bikes offer a more relaxed geometry, through a shorter top tube and a higher head tube, resulting in a more upright riding position and enhanced trail visibility. The TFS frames feature internal cable routing (except the BIG.NINE/BIG.SEVEN 15), smooth welding, tapered head tube, inboard disc mounts, and mounts for fenders, rear rack and kickstand.
- Merida’s classic hardtails are the backbone of our range and showcase the enormous wealth of experience and knowledge we were able to gain in 48 years of bike production and manufacturing. The BIG.NINE and BIG.SEVEN range symbolises the symbiosis between modern frame technology, attention to detail and craftsmanship ‘Made in Taiwan’.
Jamis Durango A1
Jamis have taken all new frame styling and married it to our proven XC geometry. Best-in-class performance and big hoops doesn’t have to mean big bucks, and the Durangos prove it.
The Durango frame features a sloping top tube that optimizes stand-over clearance while at the same time adding great looks. The over-sized down tube and head tube also offer plenty of strength, stiffness, and fork crown clearance.
BYK E250 MTB
THE ULTIMATE FIRST KIDS MOUNTAIN BIKE
E-250MTB | AGE: 3 – 5 YEARS | HEIGHT: 85 – 102CMS
Ability Level: Learning to ride their first bike
Push, Run or Pedal – This bike offers three bikes in one! With a detachable push handle, our low ergonomic frame and ultralight weight, learning to ride off-road, or on, has never been easier.
With rolling dynamics 30% superior to competitors, and custom-fitted knobby tyres for all weather and even the toughest conditions, the E-250MTB is the absolute best first mountain bike experience for your budding champion.
Jamis Trail X A1
THE TRAILS ARE CALLING
Building great recreational-level bikes that ride much like our high-end bikes is a passion at Jamis. No bikes showcase our commitment to do just that better than these. The Trail X chassis emphasizes all-day performance with quick, but not overly twitchy handling attributes. Make no mistake though, if you want to throw down they’re more than able to keep up.
Trail X features lightweight and strong 6061 series aluminum tubing, featuring over-sized & tapered tubing for increased frame stiffness.
BYK E250 Single Speed
THE ULTIMATE FIRST KIDS BIKE
E-250 | AGE: 3 – 5 YEARS | HEIGHT: 85 – 102CMS
Ability Level: Learning to ride their first bike
Push, Run or Pedal – This bike offers three bikes in one! With a detachable push handle, our low ergonomic frame and ultralight weight, learning to ride has never been easier.
With rolling dynamics 30% superior to competitors, the E-250 is the absolute best first bike experience you can give your child.
By considering shoulder width, riding position, safety and comfort, we have created a light, easy to ride and ergonomic design that ensures a great fit. And for a child to ride comfortably and in the correct position the saddle should be padded and matching the size of their body – we have done just that with the E-250.
With a lightweight Alloy ergonomic frame and the low gravity concept, the E-250 is approximately 30% more efficient than comparative kids bikes. And light wheels make pedalling easier; professional bike riders insist ont hem so why shouldn’t our kids too! At just 7+kgs, it is one of the lightest bikes for this age group – most alternative kids bikes weigh more than 11.5kgs!
To make a children’s bike safe, the rider needs to be able to brake efficiently and confidently. On the front we have used an alloy side pull calliper for developing immediate hand control, and at the rear a coaster brake for simple and safe foot braking.
We have used alloy front and rear callipers with light action for superior control and a simple and safe coaster style foot brake. The best of both worlds we believe. The custom-sized V-Brakes we have used are calibrated for age, ability and ergonomic fit. And they are made of non-flexing, strong and light alloy. Our light weight alloy rims ensure pedalling is easier. But more importantly alloy rims are a more efficient braking surface than cheaper, chrome-plated steel rims, and are therefore safer.
Little Details Count:
- Detachable push handle for helping get the rider up to balance speed.
- Quick release seat clamp to easily remove push handle.
- Custom length cranks.
- Smooth running tyres to reduce road friction and noise so your child can hear safety instructions.
- Ergonomic riding triangle between pedals.
- Seat and handlebars for best balance and control.
Please CALL US for stock & colour availability
Merida Big Trail 400
- While clearly a trail loving long-travel hardtail, our new BIG.TRAIL also offers built-in versatility through hidden rack, fender and kick stand mounts in case you like to turn the BIG.TRAIL into a ‘SUV’ commuter.
- Ability to fit two water bottles into the frame without making the bottles difficult to reach. Perfect for long marathon races and extended trail sessions.
- Our BIG.TRAIL rolls on 29er wheels and has tyre clearance for up go 2.5″ trail tyres. The combination of 29er wheels and 2.5″ tyres offer plenty or corner and climbing grip, while the big tyre volume and the 29er ‘rolling over ability’ give our trail hardtail extra comfort and stability.
- The new ‘Trail Mount’ is positioned underneath the top tube/seat tube junction and these ingenious fixing points makes fitting an additional tool or a pump a breeze. The ‘Trail Mount’ offers a real advantage if you prefer to keep the weight off your back or if you are heading out for an extra-long outing where you might need to carry additional gear.
We feature internal cable routing on all models. Cables are routed through the frame, entering and exiting through smooth sockets. Only a clever system for our internal guiding and fixing guarantees reliable and rattle free routing, whilst the cables are protected from moisture and dirt and gives the bike a cleaner look.
A long reach, paired with a slack 65.5° head angle and a steep seat angle make our BIG.TRAIL a solid descender even when the trail is littered with roots and rocks, while maintaining impressive climbing abilities, due to the central seating position over the bottom bracket. The extra short seat tube and low stand over hight help to create lots of space to manoeuvre the bike when the trail gets demanding but also allow for long travel dropper posts.
Most models offer Boost technology at the front and rear. The shallower axle standard of 110 mm (front) and 148 mm (rear) allows for a wider spoke angle, resulting in a stiffer and stronger wheel, hugely beneficial on these bikes given the impacts they endure. The BIG.TRAIL 200 has 100 mm fork spacing.